While there are many products to choose for your hair care, most people are now finding that they prefer natural hair care products. Many like this because they are exposing themselves to fewer chemicals. Others prefer it because it saves them a great deal of money. Then there are those that find that natural hair care is much more beneficial for their hair.
Natural Haircare for the Cold Weather
The cold weather can play havoc on your hair, but there are several things you can do to help with this.
- You can use castor oil as a warm oil treatment to help ward off the damage from cold winds and rain.
- Make sure you have a humidifier running in your home and if possible at work. The air is dry during the cold months because of the indoor heat and this can dry out your hair.
- After shampooing your hair, rinse with cool water instead of hot water.
Natural Haircare and Your Diet
Believe it or not, one of the best steps you can take to make use of natural hair care is to eat a well balanced healthy diet. This helps to keep your hair healthy.
If you happen to have dry hair then wear a cap or scarf to bed at night to help lock in your own natural moisture.
Look for natural oils to use as part of your hair care, such as:
- Jojoba oil – is a wonderful cleanser for the hair
- Avocado contains Vitamin E which is great for the hair
- Peppermint is a natural anti-bacteria
- Castor Oil is said to help promote hair growth
- Olive Oil has lots of fatty acids that are good for the hair
If you are really intent on going for natural hair care then you will want to do some research and gather up all of the natural recipes that are available for your own hair care products.